Welcome to Le Mandarin School (LeMS)!
This purpose of this Student Guide is to serve as a repository of help topics and a policy guide for all courses in LeMS. You can access them via the Help Guide & Other KB from Profile Dropdown menu as shown below:
Do note that this guide uses BCMIP (Basic Conversational Mandarin In Pinyin) course as a reference but the information is applicable to other courses as well.
Navigation of Knowledge Base
To navigate through this guide in a sequential manner, you can follow the links and also left and right arrow that appear on the bottom of the page. The bottom links are page links within a section and arrow keys are navigation to the previous and next sections. Another navigation is to use the listing menu items on the left hand side.
Note that LeMS refers to Le Mandarin School whilst LMS means Learning Management System which is the software platform that the every course is running on.
- You have three attempts to pass a quiz and failure to do so would incur a penalty i.e. you have to wait for three days to be able to retake the quiz again. The waiting time will be five days for subsequent quiz failures.
- You can switch to login via your social media account if you have one such account for Facebook, Google and Twitter. Details can be found clicking here.
- There is a weekly maintenance on every Wed at 5pm Singapore Time (GMT 9am and US EST 5am) which means the website will shut down usually for not more than half an hour.
- There will be a system broadcast 5 minutes before the shutdown to remind the students of the impending shutdown. A broadcast message on the home page will be displayed on the website for those trying to access the website during the shutdown and the message will be removed once the maintenance is over.
- Please do not share the login account with others as it is an infringement of copyright and violates the Terms and Conditions. There will be checks against IP addresses that a student uses to log in against possible shared login. The student’s access may be terminated without refunding if he/she is found guilty of sharing login with others as per Terms and Conditions.
- As this is also a community website, the students are required to uphold a standard of web decorum, for details please access Web Decorum at LeMS on the next page.
The first task for a student is to update your profile information by accessing the Profile option under the drop-down menu below your name shown on the top right-hand side. For details on updating your profile, please click on this page.
The second task is to update the Email Preferences and the details can be found here.