In any Online Community of Learning (OCL), a certain decorum is expected of a student so that there is an enjoyable experience for all students as there is a lot of online interaction.
Courses such as BCMIP1, BCMIP2 etc are such OCL, we will expect our students to observe certain website decorum so that everyone benefits from online learning. As highlighted in the Terms of Conditions, the website decorum is applicable to any electronic text exchanges including activity feed posts, messaging, emailing etc which includes but not restricted to the following:
- Do not make offensive posts/comments/messages including but not restricted to the usual offensive types that are pertaining to racial, religious, political, sexual, abusive, rudeness etc.
- Do not post/message anything that are bullying and harassing in nature towards others including the Instructor/Group Coordinator.
- Be careful of what you post in activity feed, messages etc to avoid committing cyber-crimes unintentionally.
- Adhere to the good practice described below so that we have a conducive learning environment. If there is a substantial feedback from other students that you have repeatedly violated the best practices and the evidence indeed proves so, then you will be barred from accessing the website by the Instructor for one week initially. Repeated offenders will be required to quit the course without any compensation.
- The language in all our group discussions/forums is English, so avoid using other languages unless it is necessary.
- Stay on topic!
- Do not use LeMS Groups or your personal activity feed to promote your product, service or business.
- Our activity feeds are for open discussion. No ‘pm me’, ‘message me’ and such.
- Do not use our activity feeds to solicit members for un-associated groups or forums.
- Be civil. Personal differences should be handled privately and not through posts displayed to everyone.
- Search existing posts in the Knowledge Bases to see if your topic is already covered before seeking help.
- In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.
- Do not double post (or post the same message twice in one thread).
- Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts.
- Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.
- Watch your sense of humour, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.
- Do not post any information that you want private.
- Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
- Do not make racial, religious, political, abusive or rude posts and comments.
- Do not post content that violates a copyright.
- Do not post empty or useless responses. Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
- Do not chastise or make fun of newbies.
- Please report to the Instructor (with evidence such as screen grab(s)) if you suspect a person is breaking the rules of decorum. Do not indulge in addressing the issue yourself since there is already an official avenue to report such misconducts.